RE: Brake rotor problems

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 23:04:44 EST

Just had another thought on the brake problem. Drove my mother's Buick
: (, and the brakes on that puppy were enough to scare the tar out of
anyone. They pulsed, vibrated and did just about everything bad that's
imagineable. She took it in for service and they did something to the
caliper(s). The car has only 30K miles on it. Never experienced anything
on a vehicle of my own faintly like it.

Since she's 650 miles away and about as mechanically inclined as one of my
beagles I'm not exactly sure what was done, but about the only thing it
could be is a stuck caliper (caliper not sliding on the caliper
pins/axles) or a stuck piston. Has that been checked?

Larry
elliott@serv.net