Re: Brake rotor problems

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 10:03:31 EST

>Has anyone had problems with the rotors on their Dak's. I am about to
>take my '96 (28000 mi.) in for the second time to have the rotors
>turned. First time it was done was at about 16000 miles. This seems
>unusual to me as 90% of my mileage is highway.
>
>Are there any TSB's out on this?
>
>Thanks...
>
>Mike Weiderman
>'96 Dakota Sport, 3.9L, auto, 2wd, regular cab

Mike

I have had lots of problems with my rotors as well. I had one turned and
one replaced at about 30,000 , that lasted about 15,000 miles. Now at
65,000 is has gotten so bad that when I slow down at certain rates it really
shakes the truck. These things must be made out of pig iron or something,
and warp really bad over time. I am going with after market this time,
maybe some cross drilled ones to cut down on the heat.

Alan...