Re: Dealer Warranty Work

From: John Walker (dakota@wku.campus.mci.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 23:08:34 EST

>>>just a humorous story about the Dealer Logo...
>>20 grand for this thing, I'm entitled to decide wether or not people can
>>stick stuff to my paint...

Dealer's can be jerks can't they. When I bought my truck it had a dealer
logo on it. I instantly removed it when I took it home. I drove it back in
a couple of days after I bought it to talk to the salesman and get a free
car wash (it was dirty when I took it home). I came back home and noticed
that they had put another sticker on it. I removed it and had to control
myself from giving them a piece of my mind.

>What about taking off a 5 year old label. Someone mentioned wd40, any
>other thoughts??

Paint thinner, Prep-Sol, and Lighter Fluid have always worked well when
removing the "sticky" stuff left behind. I removed a few older metal
emblems from an old car once using paint thinner. It removed all the sticky
stuff but was slightly darker than the surrounding paint. I would be
extremely cautious since your truck is 5 years old.

John Walker
Western Kentucky University
* http://members.tripod.com/~mopar *
* http://www2.wku.edu/walkeja1 *