Re: '97 Steering Question

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 1997 - 11:54:54 EST

At 01:49 PM 3/24/97 -0800, you wrote:
>> mine checked. I've assumed that the dealer does not check alignment at the
>> first service interval.
>
>I was told by a dealer in Pennsylvania, that dealerships usually will
>give one free
>alignment on your truck. I had mine checked and aligned at no charge.
>They didn't
>say if it was out or not.
>
>--
> Tom McCabe
> mccabet@megsinet.net
> 1996 Dakota SLT Club Cab, 5.2L, Auto, 2wd SureGrip, Gibson Exhaust
> 1989 Lebaron GTC, 2.2L Turbo II, Intercooled, 5 Spd
> 1987 Lebaron Coupe,2.2L Turbo I, Auto

Tom:

Thanks for the 'heads up', I fired off a private email to Todd up at Bow
Mel for a run down on what CC actually checks at the 4 month checkup.

My regular mechanic is very good, if I ask he will check the alignment for
me. If it's out and CC pays, it goes to the dealer, else I'll get my
mechanic to do it. His front end man is first class.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia
Canada