The Official Word on '97 K&N filters

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 1997 - 08:48:20 EST

All:

I received this reply from K&N yesterday:

From: KNFilters@aol.com
Date sent: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 17:55:44 -0500 (EST)
To: scottv@msn.fullfeed.com
Subject: Re: K&N for 1997 Dakota with Magnum V8

I suspect that a kit will come available for the Dakota but it
won't be out until next year as our new list for project kits
is filled to the brim this year. In other word we have our
work cut out in making new kits right now. The filter for this
truck is 33-2084 and is the same filter the bigger truck uses.
The price is $60.78.

    John

It looks like our options for K&N are to use the drop-in replacement one that
John mentioned above (which available from Summit for $42.39), use the "Sean
Meldrum FIPK", or wait for K&N to produce the FIPK for the '97 Dakotas.

I think I'll be calling Summit today to get the parts for the "Meldrum kit"
today. :^)

-Scott Vieth http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv

'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, 5.2L/5-spd