Re: '97 Steering Question

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 1997 - 12:27:09 EST

At 01:56 PM 3/25/97 -0600, you wrote:
<snip>

>That's what I've noticed with my new '97 also, that there is a little
>'slop' in the steering. I don't know if a wheel alignment would help
>this, but I'll probably ask for an alignment next time I bring it in for
>service.
>
>-Dave

>D.J. Hannu dhannu@CENTURYinter.net

Dave:

I've noticed a feel of 'slop' as well, but I think the feel comes from the
tires. Try
watching the tire and moving the wheel at a standstill .... it's very
positive.

I had excessive play (slop) in the steering box of my old Volare wagon and
it wandered all over the place until I have the steering box tightened.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia
Canada