Re: Drag Racing...

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 1997 - 11:12:47 EST

>Good to hear from you Alan. You can race in any 1/4 mile points race (I
>race in no electronics sometimes, thats the class I won one weekend last
>year) for money. The Friday night thing is just grudge match/fun racing
>I beleive, but the entry fee is naturally lower. I will be there Sunday
>April 23 for my car club's Mopars at the Motorplex Day (Dallas Mopar
>Club). We have quite a few V8 Daks that race in our club. Me and a
>fellow member got semi finalist/runner up in last weekends musclecar
>club challenge at Kennedale(Ft. Worth area 1/8th mile track). I may go
>to the Motorplex this weekend to see if I can put some more chebbies and
>Frods on the trailer again :-). My truck's running 9.50s in the 1/8th @
>73.7mph how about yours?
>
>Andre Mauboussin

Andre

My best so far is 9.572 @ 73.31 at the 1/8 and 14.873 @ 91.63 at the 1/4.

Do you have to be a member of one of the club to race on April 23rd ? I
have been trying to find out if there is a Mopar or Truck club here in
Austin that goes up there, no luck yet.

I am planning on going to the Motorplex on May 24th for Mopar Day.
Hopefully I will see some of you guys there. I hardly ever see a Dakota at
the track down here. Mostly Mustangs and F-bodies.

Last Saturday a guy in a V6 (stock) showed up at TAD, he had traction bars
on his truck, but they were on backwards???? He said they worked better
that way??? Anyway he raced me once then left. Guess he was'nt there just
to have fun. Oh well.

Alan...