Re: Tire question...

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 1997 - 11:12:54 EST

>I am looking at the Dunlap GT Qualifier tire...and have
>a few questions:
>
> #1 How well will this tire do as a daily driver tire??
>
> #2 I currently run 215/75 -15's, and want to go wider, so
> I planned on a 235/70 -15 tire; Will this fit the front
> okay?
>
> #3 I want to get a seperate set of tires for the rear for
> 'recreational' driving, and was was looking, will a
> 255-60/50 15 fit on the rear???
>
> *Note* I have the stock chromed star type wheels (6.5-7" width)
>
> ...Sam '95 SLT

Sam

The GT Qualifier is a great tire. I bought the 235/70s for mine and was
very pleased with there performance on the street. They hold much better
than the crappy Goodyear Invicta's that came on the truck. I found out
latter that they also do extremley well at the track. You have seen my
recent post about the latest tires I have purchased, I am not happy with
that purchase.

When choosing a tire size keep in mind what affect it has on the diameter of
the wheel.

tire size side wall height

275/60s 165.0 mm
235/70s 164.5 mm