Re: MSD stuff....

From: Dan Myers (waterfn@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Mar 26 1997 - 23:40:58 EST

John Lindsay wrote:

> I'm 'bout 1/2 way thru installing the MSD sytem on my Dak ('95 ext cab SLT,
> 4x4, 5.2), & I thought I'd compare notes with those that have boldly gone
> before.
>
> That engine compartment is =real= busy, with ac, ps, pb, cc, ABS, etc, etc.
> Space is at a premium. After considerable searching, I mounted the MSD 6A
> right next to, & to the rear of the MP SBEC. Looks like a factory fit, &
> it's one of the few flat mounting surfaces I could find. It sneaks right in
> under all the factory wiring harnesses. (Getting even my cordless drill in
> there is a =bitch=)
>
> I'm looking for the choice spot to mount the Blaster 3 coil. The
> instructions warn to mount it vertically, & I have the MSD chrome bracket.
> But, none of the possible mounting places look real good to me. Where did
> you put yours? I'm thinking of making a custom bracket at work to mount it
> on the curved fender well, pointing straight up. Seems to me tho, that the
> closer to the distributor (shorter coil wire), the better. BTW, I'm running
> the 8.5mm Super Conductor wires, if that makes a difference.
>
> Thanx for any suggestions.
>
> Maddog

John I put a Crane hi-6 unit on the wall in front of the wiper resevoir,
and put the coil on the fire wall right behind the distributer, I'm
curios to see how your's comes out. One problem I'm haveing is the big
coil I have is realy stressing my cap and roter, I have brass ones and
you can hear the spark just buzzing in there. let me know if you get
the same problem. Dan