tailgate latch modification

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 03:50:43 EST

I don't know if anyone else has had a problem with their tailgate latch,
but mine was getting really hard to open. When you pulled on the latch
if felt like it was grinding metal on the inside. So I too off the
cover on the inside of the gate and took a dremel and polished all the
contact points on the internal mechanism. Now the latch is smooth as
glass and I can open it with my pinky! If anyone would be interested, I
could put together a text file and snap a few pics of what I did and put
it on the web page in the maintenence and upgrades. Takes about an hour
if you fool around like I did. Well worth the trouble. Any takers?

Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB
5.2, Auto, Mk III
MP SBEC, K&N FIPK