Rancho Santa Jonestown

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 09:25:20 EST

I'm sure more news later today will make most of what I'll say
obsolete or silly. In case you get your news only from email
though, here's the facts as known at 6:10 PST.

39 bodies of men and women were discovered in a 9000+ sq. ft.
mansion in Rancho Santa Fe, an upscale neighborhood of San Diego.
There is no immediate cause of death. All the bodies were clad
in purple shrouds, with arms at their sides, indicating a
ritual suicide.

The house was rented to a religious sect who considered themselves
monks. Reportedly, they believed they were alien angels, and they
would be collected by their compatriots aboard a UFO trailing in
the tail of the Hale-Bopp comet. The group sold their services as
Web authors under the name WW.HigherSource.com

What if!? What if they really have simply shed their 'containers'
and no cause of death can be determined? Is the Web blessed?
Or cursed?

That's the latest from the land of fruits and nuts.

Jim

"Darkness can never last too long, when you laugh in his face."
     - Danny Elfman, Oingo Boingo