Re: tailgate latch modification

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 11:52:57 EST

With regards to:

> I have not had a problem with opening my tail gate, but with getting both
> latches to lock. Even when you have the gate open and close the latches by
> hand the left one will never latch closed. Does it just need a lot of
> lubrication to keep the road salt out or is this a problem other are
> having? Let me know if anyone else is having this same problem and if
> anyone has a solution.
>
> Mark

I too, on occasion have had a problem with my gate not latching on the
tailgate. My solution is a harder Slam! But I suspect that the reason
this is required is more of an alignment issue. Being able to easily
remove the tailgate does have its drawbacks in that the built in slop
to allow the removal, is also 'built in misalignment slop'... Oh well
what are ya gonna do...
-rICK
'90 4x4 3.9L Auto(A500)