Re: Towing

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 16:18:41 EST

 AND ragnew@islandnet.com wrote:

> Not according to either the owners or shop manual. The power center will
> isolate the trailer from your truck electrical system and reduce the chance
> of frying and expensive computer if your trailer wiring shorts out.

Just some added experience in this dept:

I bought the Trailer Harness Paul was talking about and like a moron
I forgot to disconnect my lights one day while I was launching my
boat. Later when retrieving, I noticed my ABS idiot light on the Dash
was lit. I never noticed that my Brake lights also didn't work until
some guy told me two days later. Bottom line was I blew a fuse and as
soon as I replaced It the ABS light went out and the brake lights started
to work again... But the truck just wasn't right......
To make a long story short.. recently, due a tranny OD prob (that I bored
the entire list to death with), I had my SBEC changed and even though it
didn't fix the tranny problem, the truck was running much better.
So... maybe Rob was right and I took out part of my Computer due to
the short I caused by using the trailer harness Hookup. FWIW.
rICK
'90 4x4 3.9L Auto(A500)