'97 0-60 was:new member -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 28 1997 - 15:48:15 EST

Sean wrote:
You guys runnin' MSD boxes or the Crane units.....exactly *how*
noticeable was it on the your Dak. I'm lookin' to blow some dough
this weekend and I'm teetering between some bigger rubber for the
back or a CD ignition. TIA

     Sean
     '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/Edelbrock-K&N FIPK clone
     sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

I had 235/70's on the back of mine when I got the 7-flat time. The
MSD box helped out gas mileage, throttle response, and it picked up
some horsepower,too, but if you're going to go the MSD route you're
gonna end up spending more than you bargained for this weekend, I
think. If you're gonna do it right, then you're looking at the MSD
box, new coil, new wires, new cap, and new rotor, plus a few hours of
your time. If you want to help your 0-60 times, go for the bigger
rubber. Power isn't any good unless you can get it to the ground, ya
know?

- Rob Cobb 93 LE V8 2wd swb