Re: '97 0-60 was:new member -Reply

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Fri Mar 28 1997 - 15:04:00 EST

     Hey Rob. Thanks for the reply. I bargained for the whole nine yards.
     Ignition, coil, coil mount, cap, rotor, wires, and Champion Gold
     plugs. You're right though in that its no small amount of money. I
     guess I just need to figure out what's going to give me the most bang
     for my buck at this stage of modification. I too am now leaning
     towards the tires. I'm going to measure the distance between the axle
     and the front leaf spring hanger out my way out of work today. For
     what all that ignition stuff would cost I could get tires *and* a set
     of slapper bars. Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

     Sean
     '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/Edelbrock-K&N FIPK clone
     sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

I had 235/70's on the back of mine when I got the 7-flat time. The
MSD box helped out gas mileage, throttle response, and it picked up
some horsepower,too, but if you're going to go the MSD route you're
gonna end up spending more than you bargained for this weekend, I
think. If you're gonna do it right, then you're looking at the MSD
box, new coil, new wires, new cap, and new rotor, plus a few hours of
your time. If you want to help your 0-60 times, go for the bigger
rubber. Power isn't any good unless you can get it to the ground, ya
know?

- Rob Cobb 93 LE V8 2wd swb