Re: The excitement is fading

From: Bruce Bexte (bruceb@direct.ca)
Date: Fri Mar 28 1997 - 20:26:18 EST

Corky wrote:

> Ryan LeBlanc wrote:
> >
> > Larry Hill wrote:
> >
> > I found out my new Dakota did ship this past Monday and at
> > the same time
> > I found out it's not as I ordered it. While this may not be
> > a real
> > Dealer Horror story, it is going to cost me another $808.00.
> > Anyone in
> > the Dallas, Texas area that is going to buy soon might want
> > to know what
> > this dealer is doing to me.
> >
> > Email me.
> > lrhill@airmail.net
> >
> > Larry Hill
> >
> > I ordered my 97 Dakota with 5.2L, Club Cab, etc... I ordered it with
> > the tire and handling package, overhead console, fog lights, and floor
> > mats. When it arrived, the tire and handling package, overhead
> > console, fog lights and floor mats were not on it. The floor mats are
> > no big deal, but the overhead console and tire and handling package
> > cannot just be easily bought and installed. The dealer is installing
> > the fog lights, but it is costing an extra $50 for the installation
> > cost. I am hoping the dealer will be able to install the overhead
> > console but the gentleman I am dealing with in the fleet dept. keeps
> > telling me he is looking into it. He told me that the console and
> > handling package were on restriction when the truck was ordered. Now
> > the truck I wanted (5.2L with 5spd club cab) is on restriction. So I
> > can't just order a new one. Anybody know if the dealer can install
> > the console or handling package after delivery. Thanks,
> >
> > RyanYou are a very patient and peaceful man Ryan. I would tell that dealer
> he had just increased his inventory by one Dak. Corky

Hi Ryan it sounds like hores hockey to me.Just one question dont you
have a contract.If so are they bound by law to deliver the truck you
ordered.at the price on the contract?I know they would be seeing the far
side of nasty if it was my truck.Also if your dealer wont do anything
for you try calling CC.good luck and keep us posted.Bruce 97club cab SLT
318