tire recommendations?

From: Howard Wilson (howard@bga.sps.mot.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 10:27:38 EST

it's about time to replace the tires on my '93/5.2/auto/4x4, at about 50k
miles.

i sort of have it narrowed down to either the bf goodrich radial all terrain
ta's or the michelin ltx-at's. probably go up from the 235's to 30x9.5's for a
little more clearance under the axle.

any comments either way would be appreciated. use is primarily city/highway,
with a little mild field/gravel road usage.

my main concerns are wet pavement control, braking effectiveness, ride quality,
noise, in that order.

what do you think?

thanks,

--