Re: mild off-roading in 4WD Dakoka?

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 20:16:38 EST

I use my 4WD Dakota in Eastern Montana for getting to prairie dog towns
(don't ask why, wouldn't want to offend anyone's delicate sensibilities),
and aside from scraping the rear step bumper going through a particularly
steep sand wash haven't had any difficulties with stock (235/75R15) tires
and suspension. Well, aside from pulling it into neutral going through a
little trickle in a nearly dry wash : (. After head was yanked out and
1st gear reengaged no more problems.

Not a Jeep, but if I wanted to do rock climbing I'd get another trials
bike.

Larry