Re: k&n cleaning

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 21:12:31 EST

I'm still using the stock air box. By far the most grunge is where the
air tube dumps into the box, also near the oil (PCV valve) breather.

About every 20K miles I open it up, shake the grasshoppers out of the
felt outer filter, flip the filter over, and run another 15-20K. The
filter oil doesn't pool or anything (properly oiled, anyway), but
putting 'clean' filter in line with the fresh air tube at least exposes
more of the filter to dust.

I've had to wash the whole filter after a single particularly dusty
desert off-road weekend.

Jim
No animals or human beings were killed, injured, maimed, detained for
questioning, arrested, oppressed, deported, sent to detention camps, or
otherwise deprived of their constitutional rights during the production of
this post. -- Randy Ragsdale