Re: 93 Rims

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 31 1997 - 21:53:24 EST

><< Hi there. Can anybody tell me what the width of the factory aluminum
 wheels used on the 93 Sports is? Also, what size tire did they come with
 from the factory? Thanks >>

I think it has to be either 6" or 7". The '97 is the first time 8" wheels
have been offered in any factory package (to my knowledge). Actually, I
thought 6" was the widest in '93, anyway.

Dealers can always swap in aftermarket - then double the price of the
add-ons!

To answer the question you're really asking though - I'm running 31x10.5
on my 4x4. Other list members have indicated 30x9.5 will fit on 2wd.
Either will mount on 6" rims, but you do get more roll, and they would
not be safe for extreme maneuvers (Interstate sweepers at full GO).

Stock tires were 215 or 225 for 2wd, 4x4's got 235/75-15s.

Jim

__ "THIS IS A TEST of the Emergency Broadcast System. This is only a test.
Had this been an actual emergency, you'd be writhing on the ground in
unspeakable agony, bleeding from every orifice, with your blackened skin
falling away in ragged strips." --Mike Weber on alt.startrek.klingon.