RE: mild off-roading in 4WD Dakota?

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 12:02:57 EST

>I don't know of any trails around here in Austin, but if you like to fish
>Padre Island is a great place to take a 4x4. I have gone down there several
>times in my dads Jeep. It is almost 60 miles of remote beach, and only the

I've been toying with the idea of a trip East this summer (ughh, the heat)
including Texas - never been to San Antonio. Looking at the map, Padre Is.
is a Nat'l Seashore Preserve or something. Does that mean just no development,
or is it illegal to drive on the beach (as implied), set up a primitive
camp, etc??

And when does the hot weather usually break? September?

I want a picture at the OTHER San Diego!

Jim
No animals or human beings were killed, injured, maimed, detained for
questioning, arrested, oppressed, deported, sent to detention camps, or
otherwise deprived of their constitutional rights during the production of
this post. -- Randy Ragsdale