Re: mild off-roading in 4WD Dakota?

From: Carl Vidos (cvidos@io.com)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 17:16:55 EST

JT McBride wrote:

> is a Nat'l Seashore Preserve or something. Does that mean just no development,
> or is it illegal to drive on the beach (as implied), set up a primitive
> camp, etc??

JT, you can drive on the beach at South Padre Island AND set up camp there. Being
from the area, I find it's best to drive a few miles down the beach to get away
from everybody, then set up camp. Evenings are VERY nice there, especially if there
is a LIGHT breeze to keep the mosquitos away. Grab some fire wood, a fishing pole,
and a few hotdogs and you're set for the weekend...

   Carl Vidos * cvidos@io.com * http://www.io.com/~cvidos
                1995 Firebird M6, 13.78@103.97