RE: "ticking" of an injector. . . -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 12:35:59 EST

Mark wrote:
My '92 V8 ticks and taps at the injectors the same today as it did
when I brought it home. Now it has 85,000 miles and still lights up
the tires effortlessly. Just turn the stereo up a bit and the ticking
goes away.

As far as power goes, it seems to be fine. It just seems that lately
the ticking has gotten louder. I don't know. . .maybe I oughta just
drop in a 380 horse 360 into it and get an old torqueflite and put
behind it. I guess I'll just see what happens in the next week or
so, and if it doesn't get any worse I won't worry about it. I'll try
to look around for some of the injector cleaner someone spoke of.
Thanks, guys, for the info on this subject. I appreciate it.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb.