Re: "ticking" of an injector. . . -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 01 1997 - 12:40:31 EST

Bruce Bexte wrote:
it could also be a injector thats getting loud.I had the same
problem on my 88 T bird no power lose or any thing just the ticking I
changed the one injector and its been quiet and fine for about 6000
miles since.You have to remember that an injector is just a solinoid
valve. I hope this helps you out

Bruce,
That's one of the things I thought about, too, but when I pulled the
power supply from the injector(s) I figured were making the noise, it
still made the noise. Would it still make the noise without the
power going to it? I'd think it wouldn't, but I'm not an expert by
any means. Thanks for the info.

- Rob Cobb