Re: Dunlop Rubber -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 23:38:04 EST

Gregg wrote:

If you used coils, was it very hard to replace them with the lowered
ones? It is time for new shocks and have been wanting to lower my
truck for about three years, I guess there is now time like the
present. I was just curious about how much of a job doing those
coils would be.

Gregg, I used a pair of 1 1/2" drop coils on the front of mine, and
dropped it 1" in the rear with blocks. It still has a little bit of
rake to it, but not much. It's not too much trouble to get the old
ones out (just use a spring compressor). The stiffer/shorter coils
helped out handling a lot (it's FLAT in the curves unless you push
it). Also, if you put the coils on it you'll have to have it aligned
again, but it's no big deal. The mech aligned mine in about 5
minutes. Piece of cake. The coils cost me about $90, I think, and
were ordered out of a catalog (can't remember the name of it, but if
you want some more info I can find out. . .just give me a day or so).

Hope this helps.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb
s0042745@cedarville.edu