Re: Dunlop Rubber

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 1997 - 09:12:01 EST

00gtomo@bsuvc.bsu.edu wrote:

> Andre,
> I noticed that you said that you Dak was lowered 2/4. Is there any
> rake or is the truck sit pretty level? How wide are those stock rims, I think
> this has been discussed before, but can't remember? I have a 92 club cab with
> a V6 and was thinking about lowering it. I was not sure if I should go with a
> 2/3 or a 2/4. I just want to level it out and be able to use coils in the
> front (cheaper than spindles). What kind of components did you use? If you
> used coils, was it very hard to replace them with the lowered ones? It is time
> for new shocks and have been wanting to lower my truck for about three years,
> I guess there is now time like the present. I was just curious about how much
> of a job doing those coils would be.

  My truck now sits level, except for a slight rake (very slight) due to
the smaller diameter tires on the front. I used spindles in front and
hangers in the rear. The spindles are fairly involved and took me about
3 hours for both sides (you have to rebend brake lines/transfer
calipers/dust shields/pop both ball joints etc..) The rear hangers are a
real pain due to the fact thet the factory ones are riveted in. I used a
heavy duty electric grinder(rented) to grind the heads off and then
popped them out with a ball peen hammer. The rear took about 5 hours or
so. If I could do it over again, I would use the firmer rate 1" drop
springs in front and 3" drop hangers in rear. A 1/3 drop will level the
truck and you will get rid of the factory coils which I feel are too
soft (my truck still bounces too much even with 200 psi bullet nitro
shocks.) Here's my parts list:

Bullet 2" drop spindles
AIM suspensions 4" drop hangers
Bullet nitro drop shocks.