Re: Exhaust condensation

From: Harold W. Borders (borders@dept.physics.upenn.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 06 1997 - 22:25:57 EDT

At 06:29 PM 4/6/97 GMT, Steve wrote:
>Anyone with the 97' noticed what I would call excessive condensation
>from the exhaust? I'm in Arizona and it is dry here, although it has
>been raining off and on for a couple of days I notice when I start it
>in the morning I get a lot of water out the tailpipe. I also noticed
>that at the rear of the muffler,at the very bottom on the side there
>is a small hole, and in the morning it blows water out of it with the
>exhaust pulses. Could someone check theirs to see if you have the hole
>too? I think I need to make Dodge replace the muffler....

I was kind of concerned, too, about the condensation when I saw the water
pouring out of my muffler on my '95. I thought I was due for a muffler soon,
then I noticed the hole. I first found about this "feature" when the wife
and I went to the store and I parked on a slight grade. I noticed quite a
bit of liquid coming from underneath my truck and I was about to "have the
big one" when I saw it! ;) What a relief to find out that it was just a
hole! After only 15K of short trips, the exhaust does look kind of crappy,
though. :(

-Buddy Borders
 '95 SLT Club Cab, V-8/Auto F/G Cap