Re: Road Trip

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 03:58:38 EDT

On Mon, 07 Apr 1997 06:58:11 -0500, you wrote:

>Steve
>
>Here's my truck. '97 Sport, CC, 4x4, V8, Tire and Handling, Emerald
>Green, Security, Overhead Console, RBN radio with 6 disc changer.

We have the same truck I think, I have the Sport+, every option except
the automatic, and the anti-lock brakes. Mine is White, with the Agate
interior (Dark Blue/Grey)

>Has anyone checked their mpg computer? Mine looks like it's about 2 mpg
>low. By the way, I averaged, with a calculator, 14.7 mpg on the first
>tank (mostly city driving).

I checked mine, it is right on the money. The MPG will get better as
it breaks in. I average 16.5 MPG. It gets as high as 22 MPG on road
trips, but that is not a average.

>I had the rubber splash guards put on the rear, the fronts are on order,
>and after this weekend, I'm really glad I did. I had mud and water in
>every crack and crevice you can imagine.

I installed four of the heavy-duty rubber flaps, and they are great.
The best thing for getting rid of the mud. I also picked up the front
end cover, (Bra) and have on order the two tow hooks and the door
entry guards. After four wheeling here in Arizona, the hook are a
necessity, not to get unstuck mide you, but to pull those Chevy S-10's
out of the way so I can continue, hehe. (True Story)

        Steve