Re: exhaust condensation

From: Sam (samp@cts.com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 11:39:03 EDT

Relax, it's normal... My wife's Corolla does it a LITTLE bit,
even on warm mornings (with a 1.8 liter 4 cyl.) My Dakota will put
out enough 'steam' in 50 F. weather to make it impossible to see out
the rear window/mirror!! Once underway, I have a steady 4' stream of
it shooting out the tailpipe, then 1.0 mile down the road it clears
up...
It will shoot 'smoke' rings when I decelerate (popping)...

        In the middle of the day, and/or during hot weather, you
probably won't see any (or after the truck is warm)... If you do, check
your 'water' level, and oil level (it might be a sign of a blown head
gasket)... (See HONDA- Blew up in my profile page of PAST vehicles)...

        ..Sam '95 SLT