Re: exhaust condensation

From: Design-Tech (DesignTech@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 07:07:02 EDT

the water is formed by the combustion of hydrocarbons.
it is normal, i have water practically pouring out of my tail pipes. i
think it has to do with the large diameter dual pipes. although i think the
mustangs have 2.25" which isn't small, and they r dual too.

i dunno why she didn't have that problem.
as far as the nissan it probably stays a vapor and doesn't condense cuz the
pipe is too small and the pressure is too high.at idle, i put my hand 2
feet from either tail pipe and i can't feel anything comming out where as i
saw someine's honda civic where i was standing 5 feet from it and it looked
like someone was holding a fan in front of my pants. it had large
pullsations while mine doesnt at all. when i take off from a red light or
somthing, i actually get 2 streams of water comming out for a second or
two.

HC + O2 = CO2 + H2O
some carbon monoxide is formed instead of CO2 if it burns too cool like in
the pipes after the manifold

TRUST ME, I AM A CHEMICAL ENGINEERING MAJOR. in fact i have to go to
organic chemistry class in 45 minutes

i hate taking the bus, but i won't drive my dak into newark, the second
leading car theft capitol of the world (it used to be the first).

          -Mark Hryckiewicz (DesignTech@worldnet.att.net)
                        http://members.tripod.com/~DesignTech
'93 Sport 318 (http://members.tripod.com/~MasterOfR)

8