Re: FW: Mopar Magnum valve covers...

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 08:57:08 EDT

     Hey Ned.

     You probably won't need anything but a good quality gasket. I'm only
     considering the silicone sealant because I'm using older small block
     Mopar style valve covers and they're a slightly different shape than
     the Magnum head. I'm using good quality gaskets and I'm hoping thats
     all I'll need. Yours should be fine.

     The load spreaders should also be unnecessary due to the fact that the
     Magnum valve covers use 10 bolts with evenly distributes load around
     the perimeter.

Hi folks-

Sean Wrote: <SNIP>

You wrote:
>Save yourself the headache. Don't glue the gaskets to the heads. You
>should Glue them to the Valve Covers instead.

Fill me in a little here... you're talking about using silicone to "glue"
the gaskets to the valve covers? Does the kit call for this silicone
application?? Have others on here (Jules, Kuk) done this before and how
much of a tendency do they have for leaking?? With or without silicone
or?? I don't have my FSM handy, how much do you torque the valve cover
bolts down??