RE: Mileage and Computer

From: Michael Kneebone (kneebone@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 09:04:10 EDT

At 06:22 AM 4/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>When did the mileage for your V6/Auto start to go up? Mine has about 2500
>miles and I'm getting about 14.5 so far. It's kind of city driving, but
>today I hit all the lights and didn't have to stop once, 55 - 60 all the
>way. Typically about two stops in the 8 miles tho.

My mileage went from mid 14's to 16 to 17 as soon as the weather warmed up
and the odometer went past 5,000 miles. I can't really put a reason on why
it has (I never let the Dakota warm up - I just drive it slowly the first
few miles).

I drive fairly fast - my usual average around here on the highway is 70 and
when you get out of the city 75 is not uncommon. Around town I zip from the
lights, but I do coast when I see a light is red and that I will not make it.

Give it a few more miles - I know that I ranted endlessly about the mileage
when the truck was new, but now it seems to be doing better...

Michael Kneebone