Re: 97 Fog Lights

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 13:43:55 EDT

On Mon, 07 Apr 1997 16:21:20 -0700, you wrote:

>I had the Fog lights installed at the dealer as part of the purchase.
>(They forgot to order them with my truck) I looked under the hood in
>the fuse box, and the relay for the fog lamps was not there. The lights
>work fine though. What does the relay do? Thanks,

Ryan,

        The relays for the fog lights go in positions one and two in
the power box. As I understand it the relays provide full voltage by
bypassing the normal switch. Normally, in a electrical switch, people
run the power into the switch, then back out to the light. Now, the
problem with this is, all of the volts has to go through that switch
and wiring, and than causes it to lose voltage. What a relay does, is
supplement by adding additional voltage when the switch is on. If they
did not use the relays, they did a Mickey Mouse job on your truck. I
would make them fix it and use the factory parts!

        Steve