Re: Synthetic Transmission Fluid

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 07:55:56 EDT

Mr. Walker;

Try talking to your local bulk oil distributor, if you have one. I wanted
to put 'syn' in the manual trany of my Explorer (looking for W75 or
higher). The local Ford parts counter people were worthless, none of the
local auto parts carried gear weight 'syn'. So on a hunch I checked with my
local bulk gasoline and lubricate distributor, his answer was how much and
what kind. Got a 5gal. pale, at a reasonable cost, split it with my
buddies, of Auto trany/gear synthetic lube SAE W75. Worked great, to bad
Ford does not put this in at the factory, if they did probably all those
*MAZDA* manual trannies would not self destruct.

Sorry for talking about a Ford, but you know CC uses a special oil in their
NV3500, which can be purchased from Mopar in quart form. I would suspect
it is expensive.

L. John Morris<ljohn@alltel.net>
!!!!! ... your local *HEMI* owner ...!!!!!
'97 SLT+ CC 4x4
5.2L, 5spd, 3.92SG