Re: [Fwd: wind whistle]

From: mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 08:08:19 EDT

re:

> One other thing,this has nothing to do with the rear end but this
> may be of intrest to you any way.If you look under the hood of your
> 97 dak you will see that on the top of your fenders their are oval
> holes along the top.I didnt like the look of the holes it makes the
> fenders look unfinished so I started looking for something to help
> out the look,What I found was a rubber plug CC part number 464855
> about 65 cents each they realy help the under hood look on my truck.

Just a possible observation since I dont own a newer dak,
but if there are holes in the top of the fenders in the engine
compartment, Isn't this a possible source of the Whistle everyone
has been discussing? Wind does get in there thru the grille... No?
So Bruce, did you have the whistle problem, and if you did, did it
go away when you plugged the holes??? just curious......
rICK
'90 4x4 3.9L Auto(A500)