Re: Track / rocker results

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 22:39:16 EDT

Michael Clark wrote:

> Andre,
> I noticed you are using a 180 degree tstat. I was thinking of changing
> mine to a 180 to help pinging but I was wondering if the computer would
> get upset at me. I take it that you are not having any computer
> problems using the 180? Jules told me once that using the 180 would
> help the pinging, but again I was concerned about the computer staying
> in closed loop --or open loop, whichever one it is when the engine is
> cold--
>
> I thought I heard on the list that a 180 screwed the computer up, but I
> may have been mistaken...
>
> --
> Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
> 93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB
> 5.2, Auto, Mk III
> MP SBEC, K&N FIPK

I have gone one heat range colder on the spark plugs and to the 180
thermostat and the pinging is STILL there under prolonged hard
accelleration (2-3seconds+). I just throw in 2-3 gallons 105 octane
racing unleaded when I go to the track. The computer appears to be going
into closed loop when warm like it should. No codes or driveability
probs experienced. The engine now stays on the first notch after the C
on the temp guage unless in prolonged stop and go traffic. Take care

Andre