Re: Track / rocker results

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 17:26:10 EDT

Andre Mauboussin wrote:

> Here is my experience:
>
> Stock w/invictas and Jacobs ignition 15.70
>
> MP sbec 15.45
>
> Exhaust mods 15.10
>
> Pulleys/fipk/wider tires 14.90
>
> 180 thermostat 14.81@93.5mph
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Andre

Andre,
        I noticed you are using a 180 degree tstat. I was thinking of changing
mine to a 180 to help pinging but I was wondering if the computer would
get upset at me. I take it that you are not having any computer
problems using the 180? Jules told me once that using the 180 would
help the pinging, but again I was concerned about the computer staying
in closed loop --or open loop, whichever one it is when the engine is
cold--

I thought I heard on the list that a 180 screwed the computer up, but I
may have been mistaken...

--
Michael Clark           mike@snakebite.com
93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB