Re: dakota thermostats and plugs

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 12:38:17 EDT

>such stuff. The number is the heat range. Each company uses their own
>scale for heat ranges, and one increment heat range is not consistant from
>company to company, or even from one step to the next within a given
>companies product. My table does show that Accel and NGK heat ranges
>match up, and they use the same suffixes, so I guess we know who makes
>Accel spark plugs now.

I think they may have adopted the NGK system because it's consistent and
relatively simple.

The "U-Groove" ground electrode that Accel uses is the same as Nippon-Denso
(ND) plugs, so perhaps ND makes them for Accel. They're supposed to be
pretty decent plugs.

I use NGK.

Jim
-- The end of all our travels is to return to where we began and to truly
know the place. -- T. S. Eliot