1993 Dark Blue & Etc. Paint -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 08:46:52 EDT

John W. Mendell wrote:
Has any one had any problem on you paint peeling off the HOODS in big
chuncks yet?

If so, has any taken it back to the dealers and how much crap did
they give you about?

John, I've got a 93 and the paint has been coming off the back edge
of the hood for about 1 1/2 years now. Every time it starts coming
off I just put some touch up on it (I've gone through 3 bottle so far
since it's been screwing up). I went to the dealer about it and he
gave me crap about "sorry, but I'm not going to do it because that
paint job would cost me over $1,500." I'm thinking. . .it's not
gonna cost you anything to paint it, buddy, except since you told me
that I'm NEVER coming back here again. I guess in essence it has
cost him a lot more than $1,500 from the lost business he would have
received. You may have better luck with them. . . Oh, ya know that
7 year/100,000 mile rust through warranty? Maybe we can go throw
some acid on our hoods to eat holes in it, throw some salt on the
edges of the holes, wait a couple days for it to get nice and rusty,
and then take it to the dealer and demand they fix it due to
warranty. . .

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd swb
s0042745@cedarville.edu