Re: Track / rocker results

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Apr 08 1997 - 21:35:34 EDT

<< I
 don't mind spending money on mods when they work, but it sure is hard to
 swallow when you drop 400 bucks and nothing happens. Oh well, its only
 money, Right? >>

I can relate to this one also. I have to work for my loot and don't mind
paying for something that works but there is so many combinations and I
believe you can sure waste a lot of loot trying to match up good results. I
have been contemplating the gear change but am not thoroughly convinced yet.
I need to figure out a few more details but I do not think the gas mileage
would be hurt too bad due to the overdrive Tranny. My 3.90's run 2300 at 70.
I think the gearing could make a sizeable difference and they are not to bad
priced, especially if you can put them in yourself.

There is a interesting article in Hot Street Cars summer 97 issue about
"Gearing to Win". Just have to figure out the formulas for selecting the
right choice and save some more loot.

Thanks for the report and good luck with your choices..

Bill