Track / rocker results

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 15:59:04 EDT

Well I tested out my new Crower 1.7 rocker arms Saturday night. I am sad to
say that they did not deliver. The truck pulls further into the red than
before but not hard enough to make up for all the torque I have lost down
low. My best time Saturday was a 14.918 @ 90.70 mph. My best time before
the rockers was 14.873 @ 91.6 mph. Needless to say I am very disapointed, I
know a couple of f-body guys that changed their rockers and droped 2-3
tenths off there 1/4 mile time.
Jules recomends intalling the taller gears, I am just afraid that will kill
my gas mileage. Hell it already cost me $200 a month in gas for this beast.
I'm kinda torn here, I don't know if I should go ahead with the gear change
and take my chances or just get the heads done, and see what happens. I
don't mind spending money on mods when they work, but it sure is hard to
swallow when you drop 400 bucks and nothing happens. Oh well, its only
money, Right?

Alan...

94',SLT,V8,5spd,MP SBEC,Flowmaster,SureGrip,MSD,Pulley's,Taylor
wires,Lakewood traction bars,Crower Roller Rockers.

Best run = 14.8 @ 91.6