Re: You guys and your `97s! ;)

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 19:17:21 EDT

At 08:40 PM 4/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Brian Cleary wrote:
>>
>> Here Here!! I'm feeling left out too. I have an 89 Sport and still get
>> comments on what great shape it is in. Some people even ask if it is new!
>> Nice black paint is still in great shape. One or two minor dings. Runs
>> smooth and fairly quiet still. 275,000 and proud of it. My wife has given
>> me permission to buy a 2000 Dak which, if I'm tired of my 89, I just might
>> do. I think these older Daks are the real testament to Chrysler. After
>> all, how many 87-89 Fords, Chives or Toyotas do you see on the road that
>> are rust free and run-in' fine!
>>
>> Brian Cleary
>> bcleary@interlog.com

You guys, for a Dodge truck, 10 years old is just broke in. I bought a
1978 3/4 ton Clubcab in 1988 and drove it (and spent lots of money on it)
until I saw the 97 Dakota. My outboard mechanic bought it to replace his
rusted out 76 and plans to keep it for another 10 years. When your Dak is
20 years old, then you can boast about it :).

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia
Canada