Re: 1993 Dark Blue & Etc. Paint

From: Corky (corky@lnknet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 09:59:57 EDT

John W. Mendell wrote:

> Has any one had any problem on you paint peeling off the HOODS in big
> chuncks yet?
>
> If so, does any of you have any IDEA on how and why it's happening?
>
> Is there a service/recall on such problems?
>
> If so, has any taken it back to the dealers and how much crap did they give
> you about?
>
> If they repainted the HOOD, did they go ahead and repaint the whole vehical?
>
> My 1993 with 62k just started about a month ago and haven't had a change to
> take back to face them with it yet. I would appriciate any feed back.
>
> PS: It looks like you, who bought the 97' DAK's are doing Chryslers
> Engineering Road Testing and the Bug workouts (trouble-shooting) for them.
>
> Good Luck with them, their a nice looking vehical, but it's their 1st year
> out, I'll wait a couple moore years when the Engineering is complete and
> the bugs are worked out.
>
> John
Welcome to the peeling paint group! My 92 has the problem and I know of
about 10-12 others. I polled this site about 2-3 mo. ago and got about
Anyhow, just yesterday, after 2 months the zone office told me they
would pay 50% of the painting cost. Estimaes to paint the cab, from the
stripe up, and the hood were $1300. I figure this is the best deal I'll
be able to swing on a 5 year old truck. Some say the primer was not
"cured" long enough before the next coat was put on. Others tell me it
was cured too long????? Color doesn't seem to make a diff. Mine is
silver.

Keep after them. I started from, "We ain't gonna do nuttin."

Corky - Lake Havasu City, AZ