Re: 1993 Dark Blue & Etc. Paint

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 00:40:34 EDT

I believe Chrysler, as with the rest of the Big Three, are using water-
based finishes now. Don't know when they switched - or if they switched -
for truck production.

I don't think the paints are actually water-based, as much as water-borne.
They may be more subject to temperature variations etc.

Even with the best of paints, the vehicles that get painted first thing
in the morning after a cold night aren't likely to get as nice a finish
as the middle of the line. Ditto the last vehicle of the day!

Jim