Re: 92 air cleaner

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 02:22:00 EDT

Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com wrote:

> No such thing as a stupid question.
>
> You have a few options.
>
> 1) Leave it disconnected. Never liked the idea of pumpin' that nasty
> air into my intake charge.
>
> 2) Replace the stock nippled breather with an open type breather.
>
> 3) The Edelbrock p/n 1208 air cleaner has a short nipple that extends
> off the base. A piece of tubing cut to length and you're in business.
>
> 4) For other open element air cleaners that may not have the same
> provision as above PAW has an adapter that you mount in the air
> cleaner base after drilling a small hole. This gives you a spot to
> attach the breather hose to. I think it's like $1.50 or sumthin' like
> that.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Sean
> '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/Edelbrock-K&N FIPK clone
> MSD 6A ignition awaiting install
> sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

> _________________________________
>
> This might be a stupid question but what do you do with the line that
> goes from the breather cap on the valve cover to the front of the air cleaner
> if you put an open element air cleaner on?
>
> the Magnum V6?
>
> TIA
>
> Gregg
> 92 CC V6

For you guys out there wondering about where to hook up the pcv hose and
how to work around that air blocking bracket on the throttle body, I
thought I should mention that the K&N FIPK solves both of these
problems. It comes with its own pre-bent threaded rod to hold the
cleaner on and has a small neck on the base just for the pcv hose. It's
really pretty slick. I am VERY pleased with mine, as all the other
FIPKers are on the list. Too bad it cost so damn much though ... ;')

--
Michael Clark           mike@snakebite.com
93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB