Re: FW: FW: my truck Dakota

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 14:39:18 EDT

     Elaborate a little on the 'slapping' noise. Pickups are pretty noisey
     so its kind of hard to place what kind of noise you're hearing.

     It's been quite awhile since I did a u-joint r2. Is there usually a
     little play? Have you tried replacing both u-joints? How many miles
     are on the truck?

     Sean
     '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/Edelbrock-K&N FIPK clone
     MSD 6A ignition awaiting install
     sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

> I have A 1994 Dakota sport, I love it, but It
>has a sloppy drive train. I heard they are all
>the same. Is there any way to fix this problem,
>like shimming? You can feel the play when you
>grab the drive shaft and turn it back and forth.
And when you go over small bumps you can
here a slapping noise.I checked the engine and
transmission mounts and there ok. Is this normal????

Sorry about this (not so detailed message everyone)
It is a 1994 3.9L 4WD sport. ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE OF VALUE
TO ME ON THIS SUBJECT THANKS : Roger