grease?

From: rich_gambino@VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 15:14:25 EDT

Roger,

I have a '96 auto 4X4 3.55SG and have the same "slop" in the rear
end. It clunks when shifting between D and R while stopped, and
rattles when going over small bumps. It started at about 10K miles,
but it doesn't seem any worse now at 20K. I had the dealer look at
it (at least to get it documented) and they determined that it was
"normal backlash".

Rich