intro and 1st tech question

From: MR MERRELL WASSON (UDFP57A@prodigy.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 1997 - 10:47:05 EDT

greetings to all. i have been subscribing for about 6 months, and
listening and learning. i have a 93 2wd extended cab with the 318 and
auto setup, with a 3.55 sure grip rear end. i've added a k&n, jacobs
energy team ignition and gibson 3" cat back exhaust. my truck has
35000 miles on it since i bought it new in october of 93. it is a
mark III conversion, and i am pretty happy overall. some exceptions:
paint quality is not very good, and i haven't had any luck so far in
getting it taken care of by the dealer. i haven't made a big stink
about it, but... i also had to turn my rotors at 28,000 miles. dealer
wanted about$200 to replace turn rotors and replace pads. i had it
done by the guy down the street for $90. and there is a clink in the
driveline whern you back off and then accelerate, as in normal
traffic. all i've got on that is: " they all do that." anyway the
reason i wrote today; i just put new kelly springfield 275/60/r15
tires on to replace the 245/60/r15 goodyear's that came on the truck.
is there a speedometer gear change available, or does anyone have the
math formula to allow me to compensate the difference in mph etc that
my speedo is showing, so i can avoid unpleasant confrontations with
the gendarmes? is the difference enough to worry about. any help
appreciated. by the way, the kellys are great tires. i am mucho happy
in that regard.

merrell wasson
udfp57a@prodigy.com