Re: intro and 1st tech question

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 1997 - 16:13:15 EDT

MR MERRELL WASSON wrote:

> greetings to all. i have been subscribing for about 6 months, and
> listening and learning. i have a 93 2wd extended cab with the 318 and
> auto setup, with a 3.55 sure grip rear end. i've added a k&n, jacobs
> energy team ignition and gibson 3" cat back exhaust. my truck has
> 35000 miles on it since i bought it new in october of 93. it is a
> mark III conversion, and i am pretty happy overall.
>
> merrell wasson
> udfp57a@prodigy.com

Hey Merrell, great to see another Mark III guy on here (Any other Mark
III's lurking on the list?). I also have the Mark III and really like
the way they look. Down here North of Houston I've only seen one other
Mark III and it is a red ext. cab '94 or '95 -- guess they're kinda rare
-- Anyway mine came with 255/60 r15's and now at highway speeds I'm
showing 5mph more than my actual speed. Do you know if your 245's threw
the speedometer off? I don't think Mark III worried with recalibrating
the speedo for the custom tires, at least not on mine. There was a
thourough discussion about tire diamaters about a week ago that would
probably help you out. All the formulas to figure tire diamaters and
circumfrence were covered. You can just go through the archives for
that, or if you can't find anything I can go back and find them for you,
or someone will probably just tell you. Did you keep the mkIII rims, or
did you have to get wider ones? Have you ever had a problem with your
running boards rattleing?

Sorry about all the questions but I've never had the chance to talk to
another Mark III guy before ;-)

--
Michael Clark           mike@snakebite.com
93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB