modifications for '97 Dakota

From: tnadoman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun Apr 13 1997 - 21:37:54 EDT

A friend of mine gave me an article out of a magazine on bolt-on upgrades for Dakota and Ram.
If anyone has done the mods listed below, please provide your input or anything I should know.

1. Mopar lifetime warranty headers as well as matching cat-back system. (total price $890)
2. Performance engine controller. ($600)
3. Camshaft package. ($300)

The article says that all of these parts with the exhaust upgrades would increase a 5.9L from
220 horsepower to 300 horsepower.

It doesn't mention what the increase would be on a Dakota but I will probably go to the dealer
tomorrow and ask.

Total price for the package is about $1800.
This is covered and installed by a factory warranty at the dealer.

Thanks!!

Dave Thede
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/ K@N Filter